Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Peanut Butter Fudge Glaze
Clean cake?! Yup! Kept moist with shredded zucchini, and giving you an extra boost of energy with the hidden protein powder... this Chocolate cake is rather decedent. It's finished with a Coconut Peanut Butter Glaze, and topped with crumbled fudge. You likely won't believe this cake is clean, it's dang good.
Ingredients for Cake
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1½ cups shredded zucchini
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 eggs, separated
Coconut Peanut Butter Fudge Topping
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup PB2
- Preheat your oven to 350*. Line the bottom of a spring form pan, and grease the sides with coconut oil.
- Grate the zucchini and set aside.
- Separate eggs, set aside yolks. In standing mixer, or with hand mixer, bring egg whites to a peek, but not too stiff. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, mix zucchini, egg yolks, milk, cider vinegar and vanilla.
- Moving quickly, add wet ingredients to dry ingredients (quick as the vinegar and soda will react and you want to use this to your advantage!)
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour into your pan, and place pan on cookie sheet. Place into the oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. DON'T over bake this one, or it will be a puck!
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
Peanut Butter Fudge Glaze
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Place a cooling rack on top
Place FULLY cooled cake on top of rack
In a small dish, add 1/2 cup of coconut oil. Melt in microwave
Stir in 3/4 cup of PB2 (powdered, dehydrated peanut butter) until smooth
Allow to cool for about 5 minutes on counter. You don't want it to turn solid, but a touch cooler works better
Slowly pour 1/4 of the glaze over center of cake, allowing it to run down the sides.
Allow to sit for a few minutes, and pour the rest.
Allow the excess glaze to collect on the parchment paper under the cake
Once glaze is fully set, remove cake and rack from the tray. Set aside.
You will be left with solidified fudge all over your parchment paper! Break into quarter sided pieces. Sprinkle on top of your cake.
Nutritional Information For Cake
Calories for entire cake: 1400 | Carbs for entire cake: 211.75g | Fats for entire cake: 36.75g | Proteins for entire cake: 84.75g
Serving Size: 1/8 of cake | Calories per serving: 175 | Carbs per serving: 26.5g | Fats per serving: 4.5g | Proteins per serving: 11g
Nutritional Information For Glaze
Calories for entire batch of glaze: 1300 | Carbs for batch: 20g | Fats for batch: 115g | Proteins for batch: 20g
Serving Size: 1/8 of glaze mixture | Calories per serving: 162.5 | Carbs per serving: 2.5g | Fats per serving: 14.5g | Proteins per serving: 2.5g
Nutritional Information for a Slice of Cake with Glaze
Calories for 1/8 piece of cake with glaze: 337.5 | Carbs: 29g | Fats: 19g | Proteins for batch: 13.5g